Once again we were requested for a traditional bathroom by clients for whom we were refurbishing their newly bought home, but what is a traditional bathroom?
After walking them down to the bottom of their garden, spade in hand, ready to dig a pit, we returned to the warmth of the house to discuss (with a few chuckles) the needs and wants for their new traditional bathroom!
The results were:
- double basins inset into a stone top
- heated mirror fronted cabinets
- a large stylish towel rail
- underfloor heating
- freestanding slipper bath with taps and spout emanating from a shallow marble breakfront
- a large shower space with doorless glass surround
- a monsoon shower head and powerful body jets on both sides
- a suspended automatic WC with stone integral recessed cistern
- a patterned marble floor
- painted panelling
- a power extraction system
- hidden and rather neat low voltage lighting for effect
- ... and some stylish IP rated lights for practical needs.
Add music, a glass table with flowers, two glasses and a bottle of bubbly and there you have it - a traditional bathroom and one happy couple with a fantastic new space to relax!
But wait... no pedestal basin with pipes hanging out the back? No lino on the floor? No shower cubicle with a 12” step up? No WC with a visible waste pipe thrusting through the wall? No plastic bath panel? This is a bespoke bathroom renovation with style and class.
If you need help with a bathroom redesign, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07929 419406.